Tips for a safe summer with your furry friend:
- NEVER leave your pet in the car this time of year, even with the engine and air conditioning running
- ALWAYS check the temperature of the pavement before heading out for a walk and during your walk
- Exercise your pet during the cooler morning or evening hours
- ALWAYS provide plenty of cool, fresh water
- Outdoor pets need to have constant access to drinking water and shade, bring them inside during extreme heat
- PLAN AHEAD for Independence Day celebrations. If your pet requires sedation for fireworks, please call or email our office so we can prepare medication BEFORE it is needed. Also, double-check your pets’ ID tags to make sure they are up to date. More pets go missing this time of year.
- If you plan to board your pet this summer check with the kennel’s requirement regarding necessary vaccinations and fecal examinations
- Keep up with heartworm prevention and flea/tick prevention
As always, we are happy to answer any questions you have about your pet’s safety. Enjoy, these long, lazy days of summer and try to keep cool!