Veterinary care is considered an essential need in California and our hospital remains open to serve our clients and their pets. We are doing some things differently to address the need to protect our clients, our staff, and our community during this global pandemic. This is a rapidly changing situation and these guidelines may change in the near future.
- We are limiting appointments to urgent and/or medical needs only
- We are only able to see established clients at this time
- Please call ahead for an appointment if you feel that your pet is ill or uncomfortable. We will do our best to have them seen by a doctor as soon as possible (often the same day)
- Routine annual examinations, most vaccinations, non-anesthetic dental cleanings, nail trims, etc. will not be scheduled at this time
- When you arrive for an appointment please call (916) 965-8200 from your car
- For everyone’s safety, and in accordance with social distancing, clients will not be permitted in the building at this time
- Please do not gather at the front of our building. We advise that you remain in your car
- A nurse will come to you to escort your pet into the building and will return your pet to you after they have been examined and/or treated
- The doctor will discuss his or her findings either in person or over the phone
- Payment will be made over the phone
- Medication refills can be done over the phone, or you can visit our webpage and order through VetSource for home delivery
- If you are feeling unwell or may be at risk of coronavirus exposure, please ask a healthy friend or family member to transport your pet on your behalf
We understand that clients like to accompany their pets during their veterinary appointments, and we assure you we will return to our normal operating procedures when the current situation improves and it is safe to do so. We hope you are all staying safe during this unprecedented time. We look forward to life returning to normal and seeing your smiling faces soon!