We’ve had numerous requests for a homemade diet recipe for dogs and cats. These recipes are meant for adult animals and are only to be fed temporarily.
Homemade Feline Adult
* 1 lb. cooked meat (lamb, chicken, turkey) or 4 jars strained baby food meat
* 1 1/3 cup mashed white rice (cooked)
* 1 tsp Dicalcium phosphate (bone meal, health food)
* 1/2 tbsp safflower oil
* 1 tsp Lite salt (Potassium chloride)
Cook and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate.
Feed 5 oz. per 10 pound cat per day. Tastes better if microwaved prior to serving.
In addition to above diet, cats need:
* Felovite II (feline vitamin supplement. Have to order through us) **Given in addition to diet. Not mixed in diet.
Homemade Canine Adult
* 1 lb. cooked meat
* 4 cups cooked white rice
* 4 tsp safflower oil
* 2 tbsp Dicalcium phosphate (bone meal)
Cook well, mix and cover.Keep refrigerated. Feed 20 pound dog 1 lb. per day. Tastes better if microwaved prior to serving.
In addition to above diet, dogs need:
* Pet tabs (dog multi-vitamin supplement. . May be able to find at a petstore. Or special order at Hazel Ridge) **Given in addition to diet, not mixed in.
Call us for additional recipes or information if your pet has specific dietary needs